Well, the brake rebuild is underway – I’ve got it all apart and cleaned up, now I just need to order some more parts and then I can put it all back together again!
It doesn’t look like the calipers had had any attention since they were new, and the pistons were so stiff I had to force two of them out with a pair of mole grips – hence the new parts. There’s no way those pistons are going back in!
While I’m waiting for the parts, I decided to spruce up the calipers with a bit of paint – my original choice was gold but I ended up with yellow, based on the fact that the shop didn’t have any gold paint! As it happens, I quite like the look so far, but time will tell whether they look any good on the car.
Obligatory ‘before and after’ photos: