After a couple of months looking around, I finally found a good, cheap bonnet. The one on the car is fine, but it’s the single bulge type, I need the later double bulge type to fit the engine in.
It was delivered yesterday, very well packaged:
Opening it up, it’s all in good condition, although one of the front corners is a bit bent, obviously where the bonnet was rested on that corner. I’m not too bothered though, these things happen – and I can’t rule out the possibility that I did it myself!
Just a couple of small rusty areas on the seams underneath, nothing you wouldn’t expect:
Overall, I’m happy with it. I’ve locked it up in the container at work, safe and dry until I need to strip it for painting.