After a bit of a longer wait than I’d hoped, the sill panel finally arrived last week. 🙂
So, with some good weather to play with, I headed down to get started on rebuilding the sill. I’d forgotten what a mess it was, I’d been waiting for the sill so I had a template before I started the job. Here’s what it looked like to start with:
And the new panel, ready for fitting:
So after a bit of deliberation as to how to start, I skipped the planning and just got busy with the angle grinder. 🙂 Several minutes later, all the rusty metal was gone and I got started with the new patches to measure, cut and weld. Unfortunately in the excitement I forgot to take any pics until I’d done a fair bit. Still, I got as far as this:
A few panels cut and shaped later:
And the finished result:
And after a bit of filling and priming:
That was where I left it on Saturday.